Peer feedback was done in the class today, we each watched everyone's first rough cuts (approx 30 seconds) done by each group so far and gave three strengths of their video currently and two constructive areas for improvement.
From reading each feedback sheet, we then had to collate the information given and put it down onto a feedback sheet which gave an overall summery of these comments.
I think the feedback was useful as it gave me a insight of how people received my music video (although it was only about 30 seconds) and then I can make improvements and future plans for my editing as I progress through the song.
Some of the feedback strengths which I got from other students in my class were:
- the colour suited the song, the cuts at the beginning matched the beat of the music (thought beats), good fast paced editing, creative paint scenes worked well the pace of the song, good use of editing effects, sticks to the conventions of pop genre, variety of shots, well thought out costume/large cast.
Some improvements which were made were: more lip syncing scenes/performance from artist, add more effects in editing, try and add a narrative, more mise-en-scene (locations)
Taking on board the feedback which I received, I am going to focus on more creative editing of adding effects and variety to my visuals. I have already planned on having split screens within my shots.
In regards to mise-en-scene (locations) I have already filmed in two other locations which is within the TV studio within college and in my friends garden. This footage will be added and will be able to be seen during further rough cuts as I progress through my song and narrative.
Regarding narrative, I have included at the beginning which is the thought beats with the montage of shots, a breakdown of a relationship. I will try and create more of a narrative during my song.
I am pleased with the strengths comment from my peers as they seemed to enjoy the colours/props/paint ideas which I used and could define clearly what genre it was from and how the visuals fitted well with the mood/theme of the song. I will try to continue keeping up the relation of the visuals to music and include more lip syncing performances throughout.



No comments:
Post a Comment