This particular editing (effect) will be able to be seen in my first rough cut. Although it is a basic effect, it does enhance my visuals and make the actors stand out more against the background and makes the quality of the shots better.
I tested out a few of the effects over my footage but found that the 'Teal and Orange' was best for my footage and the look I was going for. From also watching Final Cut Pro X tutorials on YouTube, this effect was used on footage the man was editing as he described it as 'Tranformers - Michael Bay look' I figured it would enhance colours/oranges in the video and as it was filmed outside it made it look more exotic and summery.
As I was focusing on capturing colour in my clips (particularly the powder paint) I found that this effect enhanced and made the colours look darker and brighter.
I altered the amount of intensity I wanted of the 'Teal and Orange effect' as when it was on 50% which it started on, the orange/reds were too bright so lowering it to around 23% made sure that the effect was still noticeable but so the visuals didn't look over edited and silly.
Also increasing the shadows in the footage made some of the shading/colours darker which was benefital as it was filmed outside it was quite light, this enabled me to focus on colour and as some of the visuals would of been overexposed, enabling me to focus on enhancing/darkening on my actors (similar to contast).






No comments:
Post a Comment