Dear Moderator

Dear Moderator,
For my A2 coursework I have worked individually to construct a promotional package including a music video, magazine advertisement and digipack. I have chosen the song 'I Love It' by the swedish pop duo Icona Pop. To direct you around my blog efficiently I have placed tabs at the top of the page for each individual section which includes research, planning & construction, final products and evaluation, each of these pages will direct you to links of relevant posts.
I hope you enjoy my final products and can view my journey through these stages.

(Important message: When viewing my glogster posts which are mainly within research and planning, please use alternative browser than google chrome as it does not seem to work on their anymore. Works fine on internet explorer).

Body Paint

As talked about briefly in my treatment sheet, i plan to use UV neon body paint on my artist.
Below are some images in which I looked at and took some inspiration from when drawing on my artist.
This whole scene is about expressing personality and vulnerability. By having my artist covered in different coloured body paint, it really reflects her outgoing personality which I wanted to get across in the video. In this part of the song the focus is entirely on my main artist. This further establishes 'star image' as the audience are not distracted by anything else going on in the shot as the mise-en-scene is not focused on and the backdrop is black. 
The vulnerability is shown through her appearing to be naked as using medium shots and having my artist wear a neon green bandeau gives this image as the paint flows down her neck onto her chest and shoulders.
The reason for doing this is at the beginning of the song the narrative follows a bad aggressive break-up from a passionate relationship. Throughout the video we see the artist enjoying herself and being carefree whilst having fun with her friends. This part of the song in which she is on her own, this is to represent the 'brave face' in which she is putting on, in the form of this war paint to show to everyone she is a tough character and is coping well when in fact she is not. As this particular paint I used is only really brought to life under a UV light, this is symbolic of her tough skin exterior in which she gives off to people.






Below is some images taken on location during the process of applying the body paint. My teacher Sally helped paint my artists face as well to save time as the location had to be booked so i was running to a time limit. As you can see it is when the paint is under the UV light were it really comes to life and we see the effect on camera. We set up the light on top of the camera as it was only small it needed to be focused directly upon my artist so that it worked the best.
We used two small paint brushes borrowed from the art department to apply the paint so that there was a even consistency and could be more precise at it was going upon her face. I used my fingers to paint the neck and hands so that i could get the paint alot thicker and apply more.







No comments:

Post a Comment