Dear Moderator

Dear Moderator,
For my A2 coursework I have worked individually to construct a promotional package including a music video, magazine advertisement and digipack. I have chosen the song 'I Love It' by the swedish pop duo Icona Pop. To direct you around my blog efficiently I have placed tabs at the top of the page for each individual section which includes research, planning & construction, final products and evaluation, each of these pages will direct you to links of relevant posts.
I hope you enjoy my final products and can view my journey through these stages.

(Important message: When viewing my glogster posts which are mainly within research and planning, please use alternative browser than google chrome as it does not seem to work on their anymore. Works fine on internet explorer).

Inspirational Music Videos (Cont)

Songlist:
I love it - Icona Pop
Wings - Little Mix
Atomic - Blondie

I created a list of songs which I thought would be appropriate to use to create a pop music video. All of the songs are different to each other but are all within the pop genre so when it came to creating my own music video, I will already have some base ideas of what I want my video to look like. My chosen song choice is Icona Pop - I love it.

I have looked at music videos within a similar theme and genre, the videos we found mostly inspiring is Vanessa & Genesis by Grimes.
Within the video Genesis, I particularly liked the use of costume this creating a more vibrant and quirky tone to the video which makes it more intriguing to watch. I also thought the lighting of the car shining on her was cleverly used, as it focused on her and reflected her personality within the song and video itself. I would like to capture something similar within our music video. This would therefore establish 'star image' which is a convention of a music video according to Andrew Goodwin.
Genesis - Grimes
 
Screen shots:



The screen shots of the Genesis video show the main focus on Grimes (Claire Boucher). I will be able to do similar shots and focus them on the main person(s). I am  particularly fond of the use of the lightning and shadow as it is cleverly used together. The shots overlapping each other fading would also fit into a pop music video perfectly, the difference between each shot and how it is put together is distinctive and innovative.

Vanessa - Grimes 


Screen shots:
 
These print screened shots show the effects used within the video. I personally would like to use something similar within my editing technique in the music video. I could take different shots of the people who volunteer to be in our music video, these shots can vary from close ups to medium shots and long shots. From looking at the effects on the new final cut pro x we have, there is a kaleidoscope effect on there which when added to footage automatically turns it into that style which is very useful if I plan on using this technique. I could mainly focus on one (or two) people and vary shots and effects between them both. I also particularly liked how in the music video, the original video has been reversed to create a slow motion reverse of the actual video recorded which I thought was really clever and worked with the song well. I think my music video with this same effect would work just as well especially with the chosen song which will be fairly up beat and lively - this will show some contrast.

The main concept of these videos is to produce a video which is visually creative and works well with the song that has been chosen. As you can see, the chosen videos by Grimes both level with the music and overall create an inviting and individual music video.
The performance which takes place, is an unusual style - both in Genesis & Vanessa. Where as the performance within the official and original music video by ICONA POP is fun and not so much quirky. In my music video, the performance will be average while still being fun, since we can't exactly use talented dancers. The performance within the music video will reflect the song since it is upbeat.

The use of lightening is very important within the video, as you can see within the chosen videos above. Both use lightening to focus on the people within the video and relate to the music used. I think it would be appropriate to use similar lightening techniques - dark shadows and flashing lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment