Dear Moderator

Dear Moderator,
For my A2 coursework I have worked individually to construct a promotional package including a music video, magazine advertisement and digipack. I have chosen the song 'I Love It' by the swedish pop duo Icona Pop. To direct you around my blog efficiently I have placed tabs at the top of the page for each individual section which includes research, planning & construction, final products and evaluation, each of these pages will direct you to links of relevant posts.
I hope you enjoy my final products and can view my journey through these stages.

(Important message: When viewing my glogster posts which are mainly within research and planning, please use alternative browser than google chrome as it does not seem to work on their anymore. Works fine on internet explorer).

Digipak Creation

During today's lesson I was choosing images from my photo shoot which I had conducted the otherday with my artists. 
I narrowed the images down to ones which I thought would be suitable for either the digipak or magazine advert.
As my main concept which runs through my video is colour and vibrancy, I wanted this theme to run through to the design of my digipak and my audience can see the continuous link and brand identity between all of my products and what they have in common.
To begin with I first took the image below and altered the brightness/contrast to enhance the colours within the photo and then I took an existing image (power paint) and overlayed it onto my image, altering the opacity so that it just created a nice effect over the top of my image that my artists were covered in powder paint. This image can be seen below.


I wanted to keep my digipak images simple so that my audience was focusing on my artists and their star image rather than being distracted by something elsewhere within the framing. Therefore by altering the Contrast within the image, it adds dimension, and dimension can go a long way towards making a photo more engaging. It invites the viewer into the image and it appears less flat. 

When I began progressing onto creating the back image and images for inside the digipak, I decided to change my original front image and alter the powder paint image by changing the colour of it so that it was more red/purple/blue to fit with the other images. These colours are warm and inviting to my audience and the range of colours makes it more interesting whilst still reinforcing the use of colour within my images and overall identity. 

I think that so far my digipak images are diverse and I have used different shots both serious and playful images to reinforce the fun concept beyond a lot of the visuals within my video.


No comments:

Post a Comment