Dear Moderator

Dear Moderator,
For my A2 coursework I have worked individually to construct a promotional package including a music video, magazine advertisement and digipack. I have chosen the song 'I Love It' by the swedish pop duo Icona Pop. To direct you around my blog efficiently I have placed tabs at the top of the page for each individual section which includes research, planning & construction, final products and evaluation, each of these pages will direct you to links of relevant posts.
I hope you enjoy my final products and can view my journey through these stages.

(Important message: When viewing my glogster posts which are mainly within research and planning, please use alternative browser than google chrome as it does not seem to work on their anymore. Works fine on internet explorer).

Record Label Creation



As i decided on going with the 'Splash Records' idea, i first had to locate a suitable image in which to use. As i am a novice to photoshop and would not of been able to create such a realistic plan splatted image and it would of taken away from what i was trying to do if the image looked unsatisfactory or my audience couldn't tell what the image was, i used google to source my photo of the multicoloured paint splatter. 
I then was unsure between three fonts which i wanted to use, the two neon ones look fun and the use of the neon look would fit well with the themes and colours that i am planning to use as part of the mise-en-scene of my locations when filming. Although despite this i thought the typewriter look was more original and looked like it had been rubbed out and sketchy which is the effect powder paint would give (one of the props i intend to use) and makes the text look edgy and interesting rather than just being a block colour. 

(above is the final text i will be using to place onto my final design) 

I then rubbed out any excess marks on the image so that it looked like it does below, it gave me a clear width and location of where my text was going.

I altered the background to a few colours which i thought worked against the paint splatters and the style of font which i had chosen. Although the pinks/yellows looked nice, i think that from looking at other existing production companies, they predominantly use red/blacks as they are bold to the eye. I chose to use both a black background and a white depending on what background i am using at the time where i need to place my production logo onto.









No comments:

Post a Comment