Dear Moderator

Dear Moderator,
For my A2 coursework I have worked individually to construct a promotional package including a music video, magazine advertisement and digipack. I have chosen the song 'I Love It' by the swedish pop duo Icona Pop. To direct you around my blog efficiently I have placed tabs at the top of the page for each individual section which includes research, planning & construction, final products and evaluation, each of these pages will direct you to links of relevant posts.
I hope you enjoy my final products and can view my journey through these stages.

(Important message: When viewing my glogster posts which are mainly within research and planning, please use alternative browser than google chrome as it does not seem to work on their anymore. Works fine on internet explorer).

Oufits/Make-up On Set


Before shooting my scene which involved the powder paints, i had taken a photograph with my cast/artists beforehand to show their outfit choices and make-up and the reasons for this.
I asked my cast to dress 'bright and fun', i was pleased with the dress one of my artist's wore (Rae) as it stood out when filming and established a star image when she was in the shots so she stood out to the audience as one of the main singers. 
I gave Jazmin a white jumper because as i knew my location/mise-en-scene would not actually hold all the colours from the powder paint like the music video 'Take It Off/Kesha' therefore i wanted my cast's outfits to retain a lot of the colour, therefore using a white jumper made sure that the colour would stain the jumper and stay on the clothing and in all the shots. 
Keeping with the colour theme, i let my artists do their own make-up but using the colours pink and blue i think it stood out as it is not conventional make-up colours which people would wear together. Also the blue lips/glitter added variety to the shots and retained the fun image. 
My cast mis-understood how i wanted them to apply the neon face paint and it was more smeared on rather than applied smoothly in two lines either side of the cheek bones. Despite this, i think the messy look of the face paint actually kept with the messy theme/narrative of the video.

Close up of the two different styles of make-up which my cast used. 
Aftermath photo of my cast.


No comments:

Post a Comment